I hope you’ve all had a lovely week. I’m looking forward to the Olympic closing ceremony this evening and then the next stage of this sporty summer of wonderfulness, aka the Paralympics. Please don’t forget to watch these amazing games too, they start on 29th August!
Anyway, onto my Sunday lovin’!
Continue reading “Sunday Lovin’: A Day Like This”
I love my Silhouette Cameo, and think that the Silhouette Store is pretty darned awesome! I was looking through the newest designs (I usually do this every week) and thought I’d share some of my current favourites on my ‘wish list’ with you!
Silhouette have just released a fabric cutting blade*, which I cannot wait to get – I hope that it’ll help me to get more into sewing by pre-cutting the fabric and then all I will need to do is learn how to use my sewing machine! I love the fox and owl sewing patterns 🙂
You can download some svg, gsd and dxf files for free from Daniela Angelova’s blog, but she also has some awesome files in the Silhouette Store, my favourites are:
Girl dress card
Ice cream card
and the Hello card as illustrated in the picture above
I love some of the KI Memories designs, my favourite of theirs right now include:
Other favourites include the hibiscus card by Loni Stevens, and I cannot leave out this Union flag bunting by Elizabeth Mayne… come on Team GB!!
Do you have a Silhouette cutting machine*? What are your favourite cutting files for it?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which give me a share of anything bought via these links, helping me fund my blog. These links are marked with an asterisk (*).
It’s not an uncommon fact that I love to read. I have a Kindle, but also like books. I never really read magazines much though, only really for the free gifts they’d have every so often.
Just recently, however, I’ve gotten into 2 magazines that are new to me. They aren’t brand new magazines or anything, but I think they are fab and have me yearning to make almost everything in them!
They are both from the same publisher and you can get some really good discounts on subscriptions for them (which I’ve taken advantage of) complete with an additional free gift! I’ll add sub links underneath each of the magazine descriptions.
The first is Mollie Makes, which is a pretty cool and trendy magazine, covering many different types of craft. There are some features with blog links, lifestyle photos, tutorials and patterns, and they give away some fab free gifts. You can subscribe here and you can get a free gift of a jelly roll of Amy Butler fabric.
The second is Cross Stitcher, which from the title you can tell that it is a more specialist magazine, and it features some really cool and younger style of magazine approach. Similar to Mollie Makes, if you will. It contains many a pattern to create some less old-lady style cross stitches, and you can subscribe here-free gift is a selection of cross stitching threads.
Do you read any craft magazines or specialist hobby magazines? Leave me a comment below if you do!
Happy Sunday. I thought I’d share a few things that I think are pretty darned brill right now, things that I love and all that jazz!
Here’s what has been making me happy this week:
- Delicious Kinder delights from the Polish shop in the town where I’m working
- This blog (in particular the organising bits)
- This rather funkily designed infographic-have you seen any good infographics lately?!
- The rather fab Lilla’s blog (I am lucky enough to call her my colleague, woot)
- This selection of nail art ideas using sticky tape
And now I’m going to spend the day relaxing as I’ve not had a Sunday where I’ve done quite almost nothing for a good while.
What’s floating your boat this week?
Inspired by Shimelle, I have decided to give this a go. I love lists and numbers, so thought it was perfect:
- The Brighton Bloggers Bash was yesterday and it was wonderful. It was at Super+Super in Brighton, and I got to meet some hella inspiring and lovely people! I am hoping that we all stay in touch! I won a prize in the raffle, a beautiful Kanzashi brooch (pictured above), by Cuttlefishlove
- I met my brand new Niece yesterday evening, she’ll be 2 weeks old tomorrow… and I get to see her again today
- I am all about pale greens, pinks and coral right now
- #Ash20 is this coming Sunday! A celebration of my favourite band, and of course I had to go VIP!
- I have been learning so much in the past few weeks it’s unreal
- I am addicted to green garlic risotto!
- I cannot wait to get my craft stuff back and get playing. In the meantime, I have ordered a SMASHpen, and am going to do some journalling 🙂
- Community is one of my favourite TV shows right now. It is so funny, and it is perfect to watch in the evenings after a long day at work
- Models Own Ibiza Mix is my favourite nail polish. Ohmygoodness.
- I’m getting back into letter writing. Love it.