I absolutely adore squashes, particularly butternut squash and pumpkin. My Pinterest boards are full of golden leaves, squashes and caramel apple delights. It inspired me to make some pumpkin spice muffins – here’s how I made these delicious treats – perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or a weekend snack
Pumpkin Raisin Spice Muffins
Here is my take on a delicious pumpkin spice muffin recipe, it makes 18 muffins or 40 small ‘fairy cake’ sized cakes, and they are perfect for freezing (just pop in the microwave for approx. 30 secs to defrost).
- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:30m
- Yield: 18 muffins
- Category: Baking
- 230 grams vegan margarine
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 400 grams wholemeal plain flour
- 2 eggs worth of vegan egg replacer
- 425 grams pumpkin purée (a tin)
- 230 grams golden syrup
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 200 grams raisins/currants
- Preheat the oven on 200 celcius
- Cream margarine, sugar and syrup together.
- Add your egg replacer and pumpkin
- Sift in the flour and the other dry ingredients
- Fold the mixture together and then stir in the fruit.
- Spoon into cases (about 2/3 full)
- Put into the oven for 12-15 minutes.